Diesel Locomotive Sound Systems
for use with
DC TRACK POWER,
COMMAND CONTROL SYSTEMS, DCC, OTHER CARRIERS & RADIO
Actual footprint - 0.95" x 2.7" x 0.5"
- Remote operation of the Horn and Bell where you want it and when you want it!
- Real motor sounds, with a full 8 notches like the real thing.
- Hear the real bell operate.
- Play the real horn the way you want to.
- Hear the brake release as your locomotive starts to pull out.
- Listen for the compressor relief valve while you idle or are running down the tracks.
- All sounds from actual recordings.
- Speaker not included - we offer a wide variety to select from separately
The Diesel Sound System is available with different horns and prime mover sounds.
Please refer to the price schedule for present types available. If you don't see yours, please contact us. It could be that we are either working on it
or if the need is there we just might possibly do it for all requesting it! We are
constantly in search of good, clean, usable recordings of various types of sounds. If you
have some that you think we might possibly use for your particular sound or you have the
real thing that we could come and make a studio recording, give us a call !
INSTRUCTIONS (PDF file)
Present prime mover sounds available are:
- ALCO (both Road Engine and Switcher Engine),
- Fairbanks Morse,
- GE with a choice of various horns,
The horn selection includes:
- Leslie 3 chime,
- Leslie 5 chime,
- Leslie S3K,
- Nathan K3,
- Nathan P5,
- Nathan K5L,
- Wabco E2.
The horn type must be selected with the motor type upon order.
Did you know that when using the sound system as a stationary unit you can also use
our TRAK-DT system to automatically switch speakers about the layout?
Drawings for this type of operation are available upon request and are also located in our Model Railroad Wiring Guide #15. When operating the sound system as a stationary unit you must a separate power source. Item #689, a plug-in wall power supply, is ideal for this. You can also wire a switch to turn off the prime mover and just operate the horn and bell with our items #524 and 618.